At Bookalokal, we live, work and travel the world. No matter where we go, it’s always food that brings people together.
Our aim is simple: to make it easy and safe to share an authentic meal with people anywhere in the world.
Bookalokal was founded by Evelyne White – an avid host, harpist, travel enthusiast and former investor from New York. Before founding Bookalokal, Evelyne worked across the US and Europe, investing in companies with a focus on energy and sustainability. She studied music and politics at Oberlin College and has an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Right after getting his first pc, Aydın wrote his first program in C and his quest for programming still continues. He believes the best method to learn something is by doing it.
I really have a hard time writing about myself in the third person.
Emily is the lively voice behind Bookalokal's social media accounts and blog articles. When she's not tweeting she can be found pouring over the worldwide web to bring you the day's mouthwatering recipes, big food news, tips for hosts and food & travel tales.
I’m an eternal lover of seafood: an avid fisher, clammer and an aspiring sushi master.
DC City Launcher
After living in the District for seven years, Jackie is a self-proclaimed DC foodie and Washingtonian. She knows the DC food scene like the back of her hand. Watch out, her passion for food & fun in the nation's capital is contagious. She can't wait to meet you!
East Coast gal with food roots in Poughkeepsie, NY & Portland, ME
NYC Special Project Manager
A native New Yorker and food enthusiast with a flair for creative communication, Niomi's passion for exploring the city's diverse cultures and cuisines runs deeper than the subway tunnels this restless metropolis was built on. Look out for more tasty adventures from Niomi and the “big apple” in Bookalokal's upcoming NYC series!
My cooking expertise starts and stops at “add water”.
Foladé is passionate about experience driven marketing and loves introducing people to new concepts and ideas. Being from Los Angeles, she never fails to make any and everything into either a taco or burrito.
I'll try any type of cuisine at least once.
Head of Customer Service and Global Community Development
Natasha has come all the way from sunny South Florida to make everyone's life easier by tackling customer issues and focusing on Bookalokal's global expansion by targeting new hosts and guests in cities all over the world. If you ever have any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, queries, conundrums, or even just need life advice, she's your girl.
I once ate fried cow intestines in Mexico--they were great!
Ina is our Ambassador in Brussels, Belgium and is a food lover in all its forms – at markets, at the dinner table and while on the go. She really enjoys photographing food and reliving a delicious experience through the creative photos she takes. She feels that food gives us wonderful occasions to get together in an increasingly more disconnected world, and is happy to partake in those celebrations of the senses, along with her camera. When she's not taking snapshots of food, she's delving into digital marketing.
I ate an ox tail once even though I'm vegetarian.
Ina’s event pictures: Filmed Dinner Party Chez Emily (Apr ’14) - Classy Cooking in Stella’s Loft (Mar ’14) - A Winter Evening in Brussels: Wine Pairing (Jan '14) - Another Epic Murder Mystery with Maxine! (Oct ’13) - Samples from Haruko's Kitchen (Sep '13) - South Indian Veggie Lunch (Sep ’13)
From street food to dining with the locals: a few suggestions for meals to remember in Belgium
May 27, 2014
The Bulletin gives their take on dining with locals and a few suggestions on meals you'll never forget…
Want a new dining experience? Book a local
April 30, 2014
WTOP in Washington DC talks about the new dining experience…
Data, Dinner Parties, and . . . a Monkey Take Over ERA Demo Day
April 30, 2014
Xconomy profiles Bookalokal as part of its recap from ERA's Demo Day.
The 6 most exciting tech startups from ER Accelerator’s sixth class
April 29, 2014
VentureBeat chooses Bookaokal as one of its 6 favorite startups of ERA's 2014 winter class.
Social dining network Bookalokal launches in DC
April 17, 2014
It's official, Bookalokal arrives in DC…
Et si on osait le pain maison ?
March 20, 2014
Learn about Bookalokal host, Arianna's popular breadmaking workshops…
Forget Love: Your Future Co-Founder Could Be Waiting for You Online
February 14, 2014
Read about how finding a potential co-founder is closer to dating than you think…
Best Gastronomic Concept 2013
February 6, 2014
Bookalokal is nominated for best gastronomic concept of 2013!!
RTBF features 3 amazing Bookalokal hosts in Brussels
February 4, 2014
RTBF runs an exclusive on 3 amazing Bookalokal hosts and their experiences…
Bookalokal in Brussels
January 20, 2014
Join Roxane as she shares two of her recent Bookalokal experiences…
NYC’s Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator kicks off its 2014 winter class with ten startups
January 6, 2014
Another rundown of ERA's new class of Winter 2014. You'll find us in there!
Meet The 10 Hottest Startups in NYC Today From Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator’s Winter 2014 Class
January 6, 2014
Read about ERA's new class of Winter 2014, which includes yours truly, Bookalokal…
Podcast on RTBF Radio: Social Food Networks
October 7, 2013
Skip to 10:20 to hear what RTBF’s Ariane van der Veen had to say about Bookalokal…
Le concept Bookalokal: Comme au resto mais à la maison!
September 20, 2013
Le concept se rapproche d’un Airbnb de la gastronomie: lancé depuis bientôt un an, Bookalokal a trouvé le moyen de réunir des cuisiniers et des gastronomes curieux à la recherche d’une nouvelle experience…
Foodsurfing around the world
June 13, 2013
M6 TV’s “100% Mag” stopped in Brussels for dinner chez Evelyne. If you’re wondering what it’s like to attend a dinner, here’s a sneak peek…
HBS Holds New Venture Competition Grand Finale - Student and alumni teams vie for more $300,000 in prizes
May 2, 2013
Read about Bookalokal's $25,000 runner-up prize in Harvard Business School's prestigious entrepreneurial competition…
Another to Try / Egalement au Menu
March 1, 2013
Bookalokal brings together supper clubs and enthusiastic home cooks with adventurous visitors…
Mystery Meet – Beer Lovers Dinner
February 14, 2013
This podcast for secret dinners interviewed us about our upcoming beer pairing dinner and life in Brussels…
Foodietrends 2013: Culinary Social Networks
December 28, 2012
Eric Sohl of tastingandliving.com talks to FMBrussels Radio about the top trends in food for 2013. Guess what’s #1?
What are the foodie trends for 2013?
December 28, 2012
Presenting the top 5 trends in food and drink for the coming year…
Find a Local Meal
October 15, 2012
Given the importance of food in Belgium, it’s no surprise this start-up for globe-trotting foodies launched in Brussels…
Interview with Alison Turner of RadioX, an xpat radio station in Brussels.
October 12, 2012
Talking with Evelyne about how we got started and our plans to launch in Brussels…
Friends of Bookalokal
Learning How To Make Bread… It’s Much Easier Than You Think!
June 2, 2014
Very Hungry Explorer writes about getting over the intimidation of baking your own bread…
Date Ideas: Bookalokal
April 30, 2014
DC Wrapped Dates profiles their first Bookalokal experience…
A New Way To Brunch: Bookalokal
April 8, 2014
Girl Meet Food and then meets Bookalokal…
Would You Eat at a Stranger's House? Brunch at Bookalokal in DC.
March 28, 2014
DC area food blog, Mango & Tomato, gives its take on Bookalokal…
Viral Innovations | Bookalokal: The Food-Fueled Connector
December 12, 2013
Viral Fashion spotlights Bookalokal and its mission to connect people over food…
Bookalokal - a new style of restaurant to meet locals
November 3, 2013
Brussels’s official blogger for Global Trotter (the largest Japanese travel guidebook) explains why a Bookalokal event can make your trip unique & unforgettable.…
Boeuf pané au vinaigre Carn en carpiun, et Bookalokal
September 25, 2013
After a visit to Paola’s Piedmontese dinner, Greg tried her recipes at home…
Eat with locals in Brussels
July 25, 2013
Sherry of Ottsworld stopped by a beer pairing dinner on her way through Brussels…
5 Unique Dining Experiences in Brussels
July 24, 2013
There’s no better way to get insight in to the Brussels food scene than by dining with local foodies…
June 21, 2013
Bookalokal host Jessica gives us her tips on throwing the best dinner parties…
Dans l’assiette des autres
January 5, 2013
Stephanie walks us through “Mon premier dîner avec des inconnus”…
Kouli-kouli discovers Bookalokal
November 5, 2012
Good morning everyone! I have a rather special post today. Last week I visited…
Our Rockstar Photographers
"Je suis passionné par l’image, l'instant et le genre humain. Je suis autodidact et j’aimerai me spécialiser dans le "making of" (cinéma, pub, shooting or event). J'ai commencé la photo en prenant des images à des concerts, puis dans des soirées éléctro et ensuite dans des “events" Bruxellois comme Apéro Urbain, Piknik Elektronik, Bruxelles Champêtre, Zinneke Parade, Gay Pride et autres."
"I am Damien, a photographer born in Belgium with a big passion for traveling. This passion eventually turned into an addiction and led me to move to Australia in 2007. Today I live and work in Sydney as a travel & wedding photographer with creative use of light."
"Photography is for me the best medecine to ensure and nourish my memory when it's too weak. It's the best tool for me to stay connected with the past with a certain chronology. It allows me to document life... like having all these souvenirs...true and sweet and poetic. I'm an architect and designer, and photography also helps me record my work and register new sources of inspiration."
Mel’s events: High Tea: Cupcakes & Bubbles (Apr ’13) - Greek/Cypriot Lunch (Mar ’13) - Cooking with Gaia - Italian Biologist & Food Lover! (Jan '13)
"Hi ! I’m Louis, an international wedding photographer based in NYC and Brussels, I love travelling, good food and meeting people. I’m really lucky, since 2010 I live out of my passion and get to do all the things I love through it."
For Users Outside of the United States: Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may not be as robust as the laws in your country.
You must be 18 years and older to use the Services. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not collect or maintain Personal Information directly from people we actually know are under 13 years of age. Parents or other adults may provide us information about children under the age of 13 who will participate in a Bookalokal Experience and we will protect that information in the same way that we protect your Personal Information. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 provided us his or her Personal Information, we will take steps to remove that the child’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the child from utilizing the Site and the Services.
Information Collected and How it is Used:
Soon, you will be able to connect to our Site through Facebook or another social networking service, in which case we may collect your name and other information that you authorize from that social networking service. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Site or Services you are able to use.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your account and provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features, content, performance and support of the Site or Services to you;
- Both on and off the Site, market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest.
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Improve the quality of the Site and the Services; and
- Communicate with you about the Site and the Services.
- We may also use your Personal Information to create aggregate or non-personally identifiable information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
Non-Personally Identifiable or Aggregated Data. When you interact with Bookalokal through the Services, Bookalokal automatically receives and records certain non-personally identifiable information, including your IP address, browser type, access times and the pages you request. Bookalokal may use such information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers and how our users use and interact with the Services. Also, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Bookalokal may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the Personal Information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. Bookalokal may share this non-personally identifiable data in its discretion, including with its affiliates, agents and business partners, but this type of non-personally identifiable information will not identify you personally. Bookalokal may also disclose anonymized user statistics in order to describe the Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We may also use your non-personally identifiable information to improve our internal operations and customize the content and layout of the Site and/or Services.
Service-related Announcements. Bookalokal may send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for the Services. Bookalokal may use Personal Information to contact you to promote Services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future promotional communications. We may also send you service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. For example an email message confirming your Bookalokal or message saying your Bookalokal has been cancelled. You may not opt-out of these service-related communications.
As a host, other users may provide personally identifiable information about you and your experience, but we will not consider it to be your Personal Information. We do not control this information and you may not be able to access, modify or request the deletion of such information as long as you remain a host.
Restriction on Users’ Use of Personal Information. As part of a transaction, you may obtain Personal Information, including email address, mailing address and phone number information, from another user. Without obtaining prior permission from the other user, this Personal Information shall only be used for that transaction or for Bookalokal-related communications. Bookalokal has not granted you a license to use the information for unsolicited commercial messages. Without limiting the foregoing, without express consent from the user, you are not licensed to add any Bookalokal user to your email or physical mail list.
Other Users. As part of a transaction, we may disclose to other users (e.g., Hosts or other participants in any Bookalokal Experience in which you participate) or other users may otherwise obtain your Personal Information, including email address, mailing address and phone number information. You agree that although we contractually limit how such user may use your Personal Information, we cannot control such use. We will not be liable for any use of your Personal Information to other users, including Hosts. BOOKALOKAL DOES NOT EVALUATE ANY HOST’S PRIVACY PRACTICES AND WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTIONS OF ANY HOST.
Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Bookalokal takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information submitted to us via the Site, both during transmission and once Bookalokal receives it. Bookalokal uses reasonable efforts to limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who Bookalokal believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Personal information is password-protected. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
October 15, 2012
- 2. User Responsibilities
- 2.2 Verification of Identity. Bookalokal does not pre-screen users and makes no attempt to confirm, and does not confirm, users’ identity. As a service to both Guests and Hosts, Bookalokal may elect to verify (see Frequently Asked Questions for more information on the meaning of verification) Hosts in order to improve the likelihood of a positive experience. However, Bookalokal does not investigate any user’s reputation, conduct, morality, criminal background or verify the information that any user submits to the Site. We do not endorse any persons who use or register for the Services, whether as Guests or Hosts, or any Experience listed on the Site. You are responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others whom you may contact or who may contact you by means of the Site. You agree to exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with other users. Bookalokal encourages you to review your Hosts’ profile pages and read reviews and feedback from other users. You may also wish to consider using a third-party service that provides additional user verification.
- 2.3 Release. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Bookalokal from any liability related to: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Services, whether caused by us or any user of the Services, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services; (b) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Host or Guest; (c) any injury, loss or damage caused by another user, an Experience, or Content posted on the Services, whether online or offline; and (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, the Services’ users’ communications. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favour at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- 2.4 Hosting an Experience. As a Host, you will define, and may supply the content and images to describe and illustrate, your Experience and its terms, by completing and submitting, or authorizing an agent to complete and submit our online form located at www.bookalokal.com/create (accessible with an account). Submission of a request does not obligate Bookalokal to accept the request or any of its contents nor to promote the Experience. You are responsible and liable for all Experience content and terms, and for our or any Guest’s use or reliance on such content and terms. If we accept your request, we may promote the Experience using any method and through any medium that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion, including through e-mail, facebook, twitter, mobile applications and any other type of electronic interface or distribution channel owned, affiliated, controlled or operated by or through Bookalokal. We further reserve the right, but have no obligation, to promote the Experience through our affiliates and third party business partners from time to time. Bookalokal will promote your Experience to Bookalokal customers and potential customers based on geographic or other geolocational data, but will determine the customers and potential customers to whom your Experience is actually promoted and made available, if any, in its sole discretion. Hosts are entirely responsible for the Experience and any interaction with Guests. As a Host, you agree to: (a) specify all generally applicable policies (e.g., cancellation policies that apply to all Guests), restrictions and contractual arrangements (e.g., liability waivers required for all customers) applicable to the Experience prior to offering the Experience (“Rules”), and Bookalokal will have no liability for the nature of your Rules or your failure to specify appropriate Rules; (b) provide the Experience without imposing restrictions or policies not listed in the Rules; (c) not accept gratuity or require additional payments in order to deliver promised Experience; (d) comply with all local laws and regulations in offering and providing your Experience (especially regarding safety and licensing requirements, food preparation, etc.); or (e) not solicit users to participate in an Experience off the platform or otherwise circumvent any fees that are paid or would be payable to Bookalokal. You agree that unless you obtain the consent of any Guest, you will use the personal information of the Guest provided to you by Bookalokal only to communicate with the Guest about the Bookalokal, and for no other purpose.
- 2.6 Relationship between Guests and Hosts. If you are a Guest, you agree to be bound by all Experiences that occur based upon false or inaccurate information, even if the false or inaccurate information was provided accidentally. If you are a Host, you agree to be bound by all Experiences that occur based upon false or inaccurate information, even if the false or inaccurate information was provided accidentally.
- 2.7 Recordings. Bookalokal may photograph and/or record Guests engaging in an Experience, and any such image, recording or video (collectively “Recording”) will be owned exclusively by Bookalokal. You agree that to the extent that your name, likeness, biography and / or voice appears in any such Recording, you grant to Bookalokal an unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide right to use your Image as contained in the Recording in all media now known and later developed for any purpose, including for the purpose of promoting the Site and Services.
- 3. Eligibility for Use
- 3.1 Age. The Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. You may purchase Experiences on behalf of others who are not 18 years of age provided the Rules of the applicable Experience allow for participation by individuals younger than 18.
- 3.3 Legal Compliance. You represent and warrant that you comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations, including without limitation any laws or regulations requiring licenses such as sightseeing guide licenses, and will use the Services in a manner consistent with all such applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
- 3.4 Right to Refuse Access. Bookalokal may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time.
- 4. User Conduct
- 4.1 Rules and Restrictions. You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and involving the Services and any and all content and information, for example, data, text, files, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, messages, services or links (“Content”), that you submit, post and display on the Site or otherwise make available through the Services. In connection with your use of the Services, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. You agree to provide and maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself or your Host. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not use the Services to:
- (a) post or otherwise transmit any Content that (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another‘s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) depicts or advocates the use of illicit drugs; (iii) makes use of offensive language or images; (iv) you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (v) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (vi) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (vii) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (viii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (ix) in the sole judgment of Bookalokal, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services, or which may expose Bookalokal or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- (b) violate any applicable local, state, national, international or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content;
- (c) promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- (d) advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- (e) infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- (f) use the Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- (g) harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- (h) “stalk” or harass any other user of the Services or collect or store any information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a Host and Guest with one another;
- (i) obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Services;
- (j) sign up to have more than one profile or sign up for a user account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- (k) impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (l) use the Services to find a Host or Guest and then complete the transaction offline in order to circumvent your obligation to pay for the Services;
- (m) submit any experience with a false or misleading price, or submit any listing with a price that you do not intend to honor, or take any other action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- (n) provide a link to any other website;
- (o) use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit: (i) any portion of the Site or Services; (ii) your use of the Site or Services, or (iii) your access to the Site or Services, in each case for any purpose other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you; or
- (p) advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
- 5. Right to Cancel Account or Delete Content
- 5.1 Our Right to Cancel Accounts. Bookalokal may, in our sole discretion and without liability to you or to any third party, with or without cause, with or without notice and at any time: (a) terminate your access to the Services, (b) delete your profile(s) and all related Content and Experiences, (c) bar your access to any of such Content or (d) refuse, edit or delete any Content that you post or submit to the Site or through the Services.
- 5.2 Storage of Content. You acknowledge that Bookalokal may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that Content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Bookalokal’s servers on your behalf. You agree that Bookalokal has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Services.
- 6. Payment; Fees
- 6.1 Fee Structure. In exchange for providing the Services, Bookalokal keeps a portion of the Host’s price of each Experience. As a Guest, you agree to pay the amount posted by the Host from whom you have chosen to purchase an Experience. As a Host, posting a listing is free, but you agree to pay Bookalokal our then-current service charge for each purchase made by a Guest. Bookalokal’s Fees Policy, which is subject to change, is available on the Site at www.bookalokal.com/faq. Changes to the Fees Policy and the fees for Bookalokal’s services are effective after Bookalokal provides you notice by posting the changes on the Site. However, Bookalokal may choose to temporarily change the Fees Policy and the fees for promotional events of Experiences. Each Guest will be solely responsible for any payments due to Host, and Host will be solely responsible for providing the Experience to the Guest. Please remember that listing an Experience as a Host does not mean that a Guest will contact you or that you will have the opportunity to provide your services for an Experience.
- 6.3 Host Fee Terms. If you are a Host, Bookalokal will endeavor to remit Revenue to you, less Bookalokal’s applicable fees, within 2 days of the date of commencement of the Experience. For purposes hereof, “Revenue” will mean gross revenue actually received by Bookalokal from its sale of Experiences hereunder, less taxes, refunds, returns, chargebacks and bad debt. All Revenue will be paid to the Host in accordance with the payment information provided by the Host to Bookalokal through the Services, and the Host is solely responsible for ensuring such information remains accurate and up to date. If the Host disputes any payments, the Host must inform Bookalokal within sixty (60) days after the date that Bookalokal pays the Host. If the Host fails to dispute any payment within the sixty (60) day period, the earlier determinations of Bookalokal will be deemed irrefutable.
- 6.4 Refunds and Cancellations. If you wish to cancel or obtain a refund for an experience, please see Bookalokal’s Refund and Cancellation Policy at www.bookalokal.com/faq#cancellation.
- 6.5 Taxes. You will be responsible for paying any and all taxes applicable to any purchases or sales of experiences you make on the Site (excluding any taxes on Bookalokal’s net income).
- 7. Intellectual Property
- 7.3 Re-posting Content. If you choose to display your own Bookalokal-hosted image on another website, the image must provide a link back to its listing page on Bookalokal.
- 7.4 Our Intellectual Property. You understand and acknowledge that the software, code, proprietary methods and systems used to provide the Site or Services (“Our Technology”) are: (i) copyrighted by us and/or our licensors under United States and international copyright laws; (ii) subject to other intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws; and (iii) owned by us or our licensors. Our Technology may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of our applicable licensors. You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any of Our Technology. Certain names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services constitute trademarks, tradenames, service marks or logos (“Marks”) of Bookalokal or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks.
- 7.5 Use of Our Intellectual Property. You may not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise. You may not display any portion of the Site in a frame (or any content from the Site through in-line links) without our prior written consent, which may be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may, however, establish ordinary links to the homepage of the Site without our written permission, and you may make use of embedded HTML “widgets” if we have provided the HTML code.
- 8. Right to Modify or Discontinue Services
- Bookalokal may, in our sole discretion and without liability to you or to any third party, with or without cause, with or without notice modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof). If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
- . Disclaimer of Warranties
- 9.1 YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BOOKALOKAL DOES NOT CHECK, VERIFY OR GUARANTEE ANY GUEST, HOST, OR OTHER USER’S BACKGROUND OR RECORD. BOOKALOKAL HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY EXPERIENCE OR ANY INDIVIUALS PARTICIPATION IN ANY EXPERIENCE.
- 9.2 BOOKALOKAL, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- (A) THE QUALITY OF THE EXPERIENCES, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS;
- (B) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR;
- (C) ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
- 9.4 BOOKALOKAL, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THESE DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO THE SITE, SERVICES AND THE EXPERIENCES.
- 10. Limitation of Liability
- 10.1 SUBJECT TO SECTION 11.5, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BOOKALOKAL, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- (A) ANY INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE;
- (B) ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSSES OR DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF OR ARISING FROM:
- (I) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY EXPERIENCE;
- (II) ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY. RELIABILITY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY LISTINGS;
- (III) ANY EXPERIENCE, INTERACTION, COMMUNICATION, RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY EXPERIENCE;
- (IV) STATEMENTS, CONDUCT OR OMISSIONS OF YOU, ANY GUEST, HOST OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY EXPERIENCE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE;
- (V) HARM TO YOU CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANOTHER USER OF THE SERVICES OR ANY PARTICIPANT IN ANY EXPERIENCE;
- (VI) HARM OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY EXPERIENCE;
- (VII) ANY CHANGES WHICH BOOKALOKAL MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
- (VIII) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- 10.2 SUBJECT TO SECTION 10.5, IN NO EVENT WILL BOOKALOKAL’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES, ANY EXPERIENCE OR THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID BOOKAL IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (B) TWENTY DOLLARS ($20.00).
- 11. Indemnity
- 12. No Agency
- 13. Copyright Infringement
- We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by email at email@example.com.
- 14. Electronic Communications.
- We can only give you the benefits of our service by conducting business through the Internet, and therefore we need you to consent to our giving you Communications electronically. You (i) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (ii) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications (“Communications”) that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such Communications would satisfy if they were in writing. Your consent to receive Communications and do business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies to all of your interactions and transactions with us. Please keep us informed of any changes in your email or mailing address so that you continue to receive all Communications without interruption.
- 15. General Terms
- 16. Arbitration Agreement And Jury Trial Waiver, Class Action Waiver, And Forum Selection Clause
- 17. Reporting Misconduct
- If you use the service of a Host or provide a service to any Guest who you feel is acting or has acted inappropriately, including but not limited to offensive, violent or sexually inappropriate behavior, who you suspect of stealing from you, or who engages in any other disturbing conduct, you should immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and then to Bookalokal by contacting us with your police station and report number at firstname.lastname@example.org provided that your report will not obligate us to take any action beyond that required by law (if any) or cause us to incur any liability to you.
- 18. Feedback; Questions